Complaints and Appeals Policy
All students of our Boat Licence courses in Melbourne will be informed of the Complaints and Appeals Procedures and the document will be made available on request to ensure:
- All complaints and appeals will be handled professionally and in confidence in order to achieve a speedy resolution.
- All parties have a clear understanding of the steps involved in the complaints policy
- Students are provided with details of external authorities if required
- All complaints are managed fairly and equitably and as efficiently as possible.
Students may raise any matters of concern relating to assessment, the quality of the teaching, student amenities, discrimination, sexual harassment and other issues, which may arise.
The policy provides an avenue for most complaints to be addressed. However in some cases alternative measures need to be explored because of individuals and the merits of each case.
First Aid Management & Training Centre will encourage the parties to approach a complaint with an open view and attempt to resolve problems through discussion and conciliation. Where a complaint cannot be resolved through discussion and conciliation, we acknowledge the need for an appropriate external and independent agent to mediate between the parties.
Steps for Complaints and Appeals
The procedure for a complaint involves the student initiating the following:
- discussion with the relevant teacher about the complaint as soon as possible after the event to resolve the issue
- if it is unable to be resolved, the student should put the problem into writing and address the complaint to the CEO. The CEO of First Aid Management & Training Centre will deal with the matter, fairly and equitable.
- The CEO will make a decision on the complaint within 5 days of the complaint being lodged.
- The student will be advised in writing of the decision.
If the student is not satisfied with the decision, then they are able to appeal the decision by initiating the following:
- Submitting in writing to the CEO a request to appeal the decision
- The CEO will deal with the appeal and will advise the student of his decision in writing within 5 days of receiving the appeal request.
Should any complaint be substantiated against FAMTC then the CEO will act upon the outcomes to prevent their recurrence.
All Complaints and Appeals and their investigations and decisions should be kept in the Complaints/ Appeals File.
Course Cancellation/Refund Policy
Course payment is required on enrolment, if payment is received prior to course then the following refund policy applies:
Course cancelled by First Aid Management & Training Centre – Full Refund
Course cancelled by participant before course start date:
- No penalty will apply if participant transfers to an alternative course.
- If not transferring to an alternative course then the course fee will be refunded less an administration fee of $10.00.
Student Support Services
If you require support services such as language, literacy or numeracy assistance or other support services to assist you in your studies please contact our office.
A limited range of services are available.
We can modify our training and assessment methods to assist you in completing your course.
Accessing Student Records
All student records are available on request from our office.
Replacement certificates are available, please contact our office.
A charge of $15.00 covers certificate, postage and packaging.
Please contact us for any further information you require about our Boat Licence training courses and kits in Melbourne.